There are newer employer reviews for Siemens

I am my limit

Current Employee - Executive in Malvern, PA
Current Employee - Executive in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Siemens full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

* potent multinational platform
* strong engineering processes and ethic
* people
* long view

Cons

* process can be constraining

824 Other Employee Reviews for Siemens (View Most Recent)

I worked as an intern at Siemens

I worked at Siemens

Pros

People are very smart. The environment is good.

Cons

Some time the project is too tight.

Size & Quality of management prevents them from being the technical company they were.

Former Employee - Engineer in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Engineer in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Siemens full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Stability. People are rarely fired, even for poor performance. Management is never fired or demoted only shuffled into different positions. If you want a mediocre international career for 40 years and can say "yes" to everything asked of you, this is the place for you.

Cons

401K (a match of 6%) and Medical (50% contribution) lags behind their competitors and even smaller companies. Paid vacation is average (start at 15 days a year). Management is horrible! I had five managers I was responsible to for one project. They were not flexible regarding work times even during family medical issues. I received requests from management not to document off-process conditions and procedures as well as "to do whatever necessary" to meet certain deliverable dates including violating Siemens' own procedures.

Time for some serious G&A reductions! The company is no longer a true technical innovator; listen to their advertisements: "40% of our employees have technical jobs" & "PARTNERING" with companies to develop the innovations of tomorrow. Completely remove deadbeat managers and start treating your employees like you care. There are some really intelligent and hardworking people still at the company, but you will lose them all quickly if you don't give them the recognition and development they deserve and continue a culture of cronyism.

There are newer employer reviews for Siemens