Procurement

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Siemens

Pros

Good work/life balance, health benefits are among the best.

Cons

not a lot of career paths to follow in procurement/purchasing, things change all the time and with huge lack of communication to all parts involved, which can be very frustrating.

Advice to Management

value all employees and provide more opportunities to grow, not only for managers and executives.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great company to learn skills, not so when it comes to advancement.

Former Employee - Analyst in Vineland, NJ
    Former Employee - Analyst in Vineland, NJ

I worked at Siemens

Pros

Great leaders, huge pool of knowledge and intellect. Top-Down knowledge transfers could be better. Great variety of functions, jobs and businesses.

Cons

As mentioned - Top-Down knowledge transfers could be better. Not so many 'Young people' in company. Career advancement not as easy as elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Company looks for outsiders and new starters too complex, too big, too confusing. Mgt should make company easier to understand.

2. Great Corporate Culture

Current Employee - Business Development Associate in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Business Development Associate in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Siemens

Pros

Siemens is a great company to work for and has a great corporate culture. However, if you have very high standards or are a really driven person, it is a little frutstrating. Most employees are career employees and very resistant to change.

Cons

Most middle management is not skilled to be managers. Their knowledge base is very limited & their leadership skills are undeveloped. Leaders are born, not made.

Advice to Management

Recommend hiring competent talent from outside the company or from different Siemens sector. Because we keep recycling the same talent through the company, shifting from position to position, we are really limiting our growth.