There are newer employer reviews for Siemens

Bottomline is the top priority

Current Employee - Systems Specialist  in  Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Systems Specialist in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Siemens

Pros

Company vehicle and gas card. Decent salary.

Cons

Not alot of feedback regarding performance. Review system doesn't truly reward employees.

Management always seems to be looking at the bottom line and squezing more and more from employees, pushing harder and harder to make profits.

793 Other Employee Reviews for Siemens (View Most Recent)

Cutting Edge Healthcare Technology at a Large Corporation

Current Employee - Product Analyst  in  Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Product Analyst in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Siemens

Pros

A global market and technology leader. If you want to work on cutting edge products that are being used all over the world, then this is a good place to be. Very innovative, very open towards new technologies and processes (e.g. Agile). The location is very decent, with the great outdoors and several big cities within a 2hr drive.

Cons

Lots of projects are being pursued, and this stretches resources thin sometimes. This is a huge corporation, with all the associated overheads, long-winded decision making processes, and variety of opinions that need to be aligned.

Do it right or don't do it! Don't let projects flounder along, but either fund them properly or shut them down. Set targets for slimming of processes, e.g. make process owners cut the number of their required process steps by 30%.

Enjoyable place to work, the employees are too focused on the good ol' days, a company suffering from corporate incest.

Current Employee - Process Engineer  in  Buffalo Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Process Engineer in Buffalo Grove, IL

I have been working at Siemens

Pros

Immediate Management is very supportive and very active in career development. The employees are also very supportive and strive for excellence

Cons

There seems to be a perpetual air of layoffs. There is also a sense of "I wish it was the way it used to be" from the employees. They are too focused on the good ol' days and not living in the current situation.

Employee turnover is a necessity to company health. While I realize we are right-sizing the company, we need to invest in new employees for innovative ideas. I feel that we are in a state of corporate incest where we are promoting from within and are not replacing entry level positions. There needs to be a better balance of rewarding current employees with promotions and bringing in new employees with fresh ideas.

There are newer employer reviews for Siemens

Worked for Siemens? Contribute to the Community!