Siemens Water Technologies

www.industry.siemens.com
  www.industry.siemens.com
There are newer employer reviews for Siemens Water Technologies

We can do much better !

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Mumbai (India)
Current Employee - Project Manager in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Siemens Water Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Wide portflolio of water treatment technologies with some of the best brand names internationally. One of the few companies investing in research & development of newer treatment technologies. Global foot print & network through regional Siemens companies through out the major economic regions of the word.

Cons

US Centric businesses with high overheads. Little headquarter sensitivity to business cultures in regions outside of US. Slow & bureacratic decision making.

Should look at global sourcing and engineering in order to increase competitiveness and ensuring sustainable future. Could have restructured the inefficiencies out at least 5 years before 2012 ie. in the first 3 years of the acquisition by Siemens.

49 Other Employee Reviews for Siemens Water Technologies (View Most Recent)

OK

Current Employee - Controls Systems Engineer
    Current Employee - Controls Systems Engineer

I have been working at Siemens Water Technologies

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Upper management making secisions without low management input.

Talk to your managers. Implement SAP at a slower rate so margins are maintained during the transition period.

I was initially very excited to be working for Siemens. Once there, it was one disappointment after another.

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Siemens Water Technologies

Pros

Siemens Water Technologies is still recognized in some circles as an industry leader (that reputation, however, is quickly becoming a thing of the past). At SIemens you are provided with decent healthcare insurance. Their paid time off program is fair and on par with other large corporations. There will always be a demand for water treatment solutions. In this position you will get the opportunity to become familiar with different treatment processes.

Cons

There is a serious problem with Siemens Water Technologies. Another reviewer described this company as "dysfunctional." I would have to say they are 100% on-point. Siemens does not devote the necessary resources to research & development of new products. New equipment will usually not live up to customer's expectations. It then became my responsibility to try and resolve any oustanding issues. The technical support provided by Siemens was horrible. They could not solve equipment issues in a reasonable amount of time. Many customers ended their relationship with Siemens as a result. The service department here kept little to no inventory. Many customers had to wait weeks to have equipment that was down repaired. This also was causing a lot of customers to leave the company. The lead time on getting a new installation together was sometimes months. The service manager at our branch did everything he could to keep as little on hand as possible. Many times he would have the technicians install equipment without following the scope outlined to the customer to use up old parts we had in our warehouse (which was a disorganized mess). You can only imagine how the customers reacted to this.

I felt like 60% of my job was cleaning up the mess left by our service managers & poor technical support. I could not devote the necessary time to building a new customer base and exploring new opportunities.

The service & branch manager at my location were concerned with one thing: making our budget goals look as attractive as possible at any costs necessary, even if it meant not living up to customer expectations. There was no investment made in technician training, tools, inventory, etc. I was shocked at the level of arrogance they had.

Outside of our branch, it seemed as if all the company's resources were used to implement all types of admin. infrastructure upgrades (paperless service requests, new software, etc.). None of these upgrades worked as planned. The individuals responsible for rolling out these new programs were incompetent & once again, the customers paid by not having their work performed on-time & as promised due to consistent computer glitches.

I recognized this company is quickly headed toward disaster. I saved myself and found a position with an employer who understands the number one focus of the company should be on the customer.

Everyone from the service mangers, branch mangers, sales managers, business unit managers & up needs to be fired, plain and simple. Start from scratch with true, college educated professionals & stop relying on these people who have been nestled comfortably with the company for 25 years and still act as if they are running the business back in 1985.

There are newer employer reviews for Siemens Water Technologies

Worked for Siemens Water Technologies? Contribute to the Community!