Siemens Water Technologies

www.industry.siemens.com
  www.industry.siemens.com
There are newer employer reviews for Siemens Water Technologies

It was Very rewarding, informative and learning experience.

Former Employee - Adminisatrative Assistant  in  Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Adminisatrative Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Siemens Water Technologies as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The staff was very welcoming and didn't mind training you for the job.

Cons

It was a 4 month temp assignment.

Ken was the General Manager and he walked hands on with the staff

50 Other Employee Reviews for Siemens Water Technologies (View Most Recent)

Smoke and Mirrors

Current Employee - Business Manager
    Current Employee - Business Manager

I have been working at Siemens Water Technologies full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Stability and knowing that the company is not going to cheat you out of pay or benefits is always a good thing, but that can probably be said of any large company as they tend to adhere to strict HR policies and the law unlike a lot of small private companies where the owner can change policies mid stream and you have no recourse but to accept it or find another job. Even when Siemens changes compensation plans for the most part the people are well taken care of. The work environment varies from location to location based on local management, but for the most part it's pretty good. Certainly not the most professional company, but pretty good.

Cons

From the outside looking in people must think we're an industry leader - the big boy on the block with resources (questionable) and product offering. The reality is: What a mess - no direction, no vision and NO leadership. Once you get above what's called the branch level or maybe some regional managers the people making the big bucks and should be leading are all yes men and wimps. Due to a cancerous mentality of "an aversion to risk" most are paralyzed to make a decision. Even the smallest decisions require "buy in" from several people. It's worse than congress with petty infighting and politics. Most of the so called managers have not been professionally trained and believe me are not leaders - they're just holding on to their jobs. No ideas, no initiatives, no nothing, not even communication.
    Our products used to be special because we are a manufacturer and were an innovator now we are the highest priced in the market with old technology. Our labor rates are ridiculous - they are an insult to our customer base. We lose business daily because we're difficult to work with. Our admin and accounting is even more dysfunctional. There is no visibility to people who need it and no accountability when mistakes occur over and over - what a mess!

Get off your brains and get out and talk to the people - don't send out silly surveys and tell us 67.3% of employees are happy with their jobs vs 61.9% averaged over the previous 5 years so therefore we are making great strides in employee satisfaction. Listen, document, prioritize and set a clear plan to fix the problem. Management is the problem, not the solution. You'll find the solution from the people who really work in this company.

Siemens overall has good managers / employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Siemens Water Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Resin Technologies has some pretty good, hardworking and knowledgeable managers and very good technical support. The company runs many good programs for safety, quality and customer satisfaction. The benefit package is very good. I was able to leave the engineering group for another position were I am much happier.

Cons

Though the company runs many good programs, they will not give enough time to run them effectively. Resin Technology is known to be the lowest paid in the water world. New projects daily without any support or assistance. Leadership is known to be extremely cheap and does not take care of their employees. Managers get promoted for being lapdogs and some are just total AZZHOWES. The company is being bled of talent and knowledge by a few bad apples in positions of power.

Start taking care of your employees. Start leading by example when it comes to Leadership
    Improve your pay structure to meet industry average. Some new Leadership is long overdue

There are newer employer reviews for Siemens Water Technologies

Worked for Siemens Water Technologies? Contribute to the Community!