Sierra Club
www.sierraclub.org San Francisco, CA 500 to 999 Employees

Great experience!

Apprentice (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

ProsI completed the apprenticeship program for recent college grads. It was great hands-on training and I was able to play an important role in my department. I enjoyed working with my colleagues and I learned so much!

ConsAt the time I was there, there were very few openings for program assistant (post-apprenticeship entry-level) positions, so I had to find work elsewhere after my apprenticeship term ended.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would love to see more ethnic and racial diversity in Sierra Club staffing.

It was valuable experience, but the disorganized nature of non-profit work is sometimes frustrating.

Organizing Intern (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

I worked at Sierra Club

Pros: Work for a good cause that you feel good about, Fun,… Cons: Disorganization, Large discrepancy between the top employees and the bottom… Advice to Senior Management: Work on organization, and transparency of communication. More

Great mission, great people, improving strategy.

San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Sierra Club

Pros: Great Mission: Hands down, the best thing about working for the Sierra Club is that you're proud of the mission. Almost all of the employees… Cons: The Club's size--550 employees and growing to over 700 by 2013--can be difficult to navigate. There are inevitable bureaucracy and communications issues. In particular circumstances,… Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing what you're doing! There have been significant strides… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Sierra Club.

Worked for Sierra Club? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sierra Club reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sierra Club CEO Michael Brune. All reviews posted anonymously by Sierra Club employees.