There are newer employer reviews for Sierra Lobo

After six months, I am satisfied to be working for Sierra Lobo; however I do not see opportunities for promotion.

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer VI  in  Kennedy Space Center, FL
Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer VI in Kennedy Space Center, FL

I have been working at Sierra Lobo

Pros

Small, flexible Company
Opportunities in many different aerospace and military endeavors

Cons

Kind of Light on Benefits
Detached from main office and company directions

No advice to give after 6 months with SLI. Geberally satisfied.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Sierra Lobo (View Most Recent)

Great.

I have been working at Sierra Lobo

Pros

Flexible hours, friendly environment, great pay, great opportunities, great benefits.

Cons

Takes a while to get work initially.

Feeling fortunate to have this rewarding job with this company and local management.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kennedy Space Center, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennedy Space Center, FL

I have been working at Sierra Lobo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is very good, promotions are possible, working conditions are fine, hours are flexible within a 2-week period. This is the first contractor that has given me site senority (on government facility) in consideration for vacation leave. Who even does that anymore? Full benefits (and pay) are probably the best in the industry. Very considerate for a federal contractor to focus on the employee. First time I've actually loved the local HR department. Even corporate HR in Ohio is available, knoweable and responsive.This female-friendly company is rare in the engineering world, but very much appreciated. Good corporate leader, good local management. Corporate got it right before they expanded, and it shows. A private company that still realizes that their most valuable asset is their employees. I am proud of the work we do here. Plus, I feel valued here.

Cons

Hours are over the normal working week, and not all compensated. Government budget keeps the work force too low for the scope of the work and the time schedules, so there is a lot of job related stress, and stressed co-workers...especially those who work for other contractors.

CEO has developed a world-class engineering and technical service company that keeps the talent. Going from privately-held to public will change the focus away to bottom line profit as it has all of those Reston, VA "beltway bandits." Don't give up what you have created and built up for a chairman seat. Pursue more government (international also) contracting business by finding the best govt contract directors & Procurement types.

There are newer employer reviews for Sierra Lobo

Worked for Sierra Lobo? Contribute to the Community!