Amazing place to Work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sparks, NV
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sparks, NV

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent management, generous owners and a lot of investment back into the business! The compensation and benefits are unbelievable! The workplace is filled with wonderfully intelligent and hardworking people, which makes all of us want to do our very best to support the company goals. I am proud of what we do and how well we do it!

Cons

The company continues to work to staff appropriately to improve work/life balance. This is been a major initiative and the positive impact is beginning to show!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing by putting your customers and your employees first!

reviews filtered by

Worked 6 months as a Temp, then one year as a Direct

Former Employee - Associate Engineer in Littleton, CO
    Former Employee - Associate Engineer in Littleton, CO

I worked at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Did Schematics and Drawings of new Equipment being installed on the Pilatus Aircraft. Used Autocad Software. Management "begged" me to work as a Direct after 6 months as a Temp. employee. Worked in the Hangar next to the Aircraft. That was awesome!

Cons

I was "older", with 30 years' experience, and went home after work instead of going to the bar with the younger people. I was the CAD Drafter, and sometimes, the inexperienced Engineer would take me at the last minute to DRAW the wiring harnesses that had already been routed - when I should have been with the Technicians WHILE they were routing the harnesses.

Advice to Management

You need experienced people to "LEAD"... I worked temp 6 months, 12 hours a day, 6 days a week, then one year as a Direct, and was "Fired" because I did "bad drawings"?? I have a degree in Drafting, and taught College Drafting. 30 years exp. I was fired because I made too much money!

Falling apart because of pressure

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time

Pros

The people that I worked with were wonderful. Being able to geek out with the employees was excellent. Also, the freedom of being able to express your ideas to the employees on the same level felt like your voice was heard. This was the communication between those on the same side.

Cons

Military'esk culture. Since the upper managers come from a, "I say jump and you jump," background, they're used to having things done a certain way. If this way isn't completed precisely to their expectation, then the hammer comes down.
    Also, there is favoritism within the uppers. When trying to show a better way of doing something, they'll choose the person who they've known longer, even though you have proven a better way.

Advice to Management

Allow painters to paint, writers to write, singers to sing. Fencing in employees just stress out the sheep.