Long time employee

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sparks, NV
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sparks, NV

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

At SNC I have worked on many challenging projects. We get full support to accomplish the mission. I work with incredibly intelligent teammates. It is very satisfying when the things we build are deployed and help the men and women in the field. Pay and benefits are great too.

Cons

you have to be a motivated self starter to work in engineering here. Our informal motto is 'no slackers'. Is that a con?

Advice to Management

keep the projects coming and add more motorcycle parking.

Other Employee Reviews for Sierra Nevada Corporation

1. An incredible, fast-paced, challenging, and rewarding work environment

Current Employee - Test Engineer in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Test Engineer in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am very privileged to work at a company like SNC. The culture and environment allow me to work with some of the most dedicated professionals in the industry while encouraging technical, results-driven creativity. While the fast-paced environment motivates hard work, I know I directly contribute to project outcomes and product deliveries; a very rewarding feeling. The people, benefits, and overall experience excite me and challenge me every day. SNC is second to none.

Cons

When compared to many other companies, SNC has very few company-wide or job-specific cons. Despite some periods of extended hard work, the benefits, rewards, and overall Customer satisfaction make it worth it.

Advice to Management

Currently none at this time.

2. A place where you won't say "I hate Mondays"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work is diverse, challenging, and there's always something new and exciting over the horizon. Cohesiveness and team spirit run strong through the entire company, from the CEO right down to the crew on the front lines. If you want a career that will allow you to stretch and grow, one that will make you eager to come to work each morning and go home satisfied at the end of the day, and one that is rewarding in every aspect, a position at Sierra Nevada Corporation is for you.

Cons

Nota really a con, but the rapid growth of the company and the continuing acquisition of new contracts means that we keep our noses to the grindstone every day. If you're looking for a place to relax and coast, look elsewhere.