There are newer employer reviews for Sierra Nevada Corporation

A fabulous company to work for in many ways!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

"People work to live - not live to work" That's why SNC is such a great place to be. There's a lot of great people with great talent to work with, it's like working with friends and family. You get respect here from all levels of employees and managers. It's great to be with a company (in this day and age) that really truly still appreciates and shares in their success with the employees.

Cons

It's hard to come up with anything negative at this point as I am very happy and appreciative to be here.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

"Innovative & Agile" says it all. Every day arrives with a new challenge and an equivalent opportunity.

Current Employee - Manager in Sparks, NV
    Current Employee - Manager in Sparks, NV

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

SNC is a "big" company with the ability to operate at an unrivaled level and speed. Competitors look out! Every day presents itself with a new challenge and I cannot recall one day that mirrored another. This is a great place to work for anybody who likes a dynamic environment that is both challenging and simultaneously rewarding.

Cons

While there my be a few job descriptions that have a more mellow, less dynamic pace than others, this company moves and adapts quickly. Its chameleon-like ability to adapt to ever-changing challenges may overwhelm those who do not relish the fast-paced environment.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. Many will complain no matter what you do, but the proof is in the overall success of the company and the satisfaction of the employees that work for it.

Take responsibility, perform, deliver, get rewarded in many ways!

Current Employee - Principal Project Engineer/Business Dev in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

SNC provides individuals the opportunity to take on more and more responsibility as you prove yourself on previous tasks. As you perform and deliver in a significant way, SNC rewards you in many different ways - monetary bonuses, peer recognition, amazing employee benefits and more responsibility!

This delegation of responsibility and taking care of employees has made SNC a "Best Place To Work" in many cities.

Cons

As SNC continues to be a best place to work... we get larger. Although growing is a good thing, there are growing pains! These growing pains include more scrutiny in abiding and following process, communication inefficiencies and negative effects to our agility. Nothing that we can't overcome - but not always fun in overcoming.

Advice to Management

Continue to bring in "good people" and making the employees feel valued, this will continue to make SNC a very successful business entity for years to come.