There are newer employer reviews for Sierra Nevada Corporation

A fabulous company to work for in many ways!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

"People work to live - not live to work" That's why SNC is such a great place to be. There's a lot of great people with great talent to work with, it's like working with friends and family. You get respect here from all levels of employees and managers. It's great to be with a company (in this day and age) that really truly still appreciates and shares in their success with the employees.

Cons

It's hard to come up with anything negative at this point as I am very happy and appreciative to be here.

reviews filtered by

Take responsibility, perform, deliver, get rewarded in many ways!

Current Employee - Principal Project Engineer/Business Dev in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

SNC provides individuals the opportunity to take on more and more responsibility as you prove yourself on previous tasks. As you perform and deliver in a significant way, SNC rewards you in many different ways - monetary bonuses, peer recognition, amazing employee benefits and more responsibility!

This delegation of responsibility and taking care of employees has made SNC a "Best Place To Work" in many cities.

Cons

As SNC continues to be a best place to work... we get larger. Although growing is a good thing, there are growing pains! These growing pains include more scrutiny in abiding and following process, communication inefficiencies and negative effects to our agility. Nothing that we can't overcome - but not always fun in overcoming.

Continue to bring in "good people" and making the employees feel valued, this will continue to make SNC a very successful business entity for years to come.

2. I am very impressed with the caliber of the engineering, technical writing, production, and management personnel.

Current Employee - Technical Writer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Technical Writer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The work culture at SNC is one of professionalism, rapid response, quality, and exceeding the customer’s expectations. There is terrific variety. I worked three different programs during my first year. While that presents challenges, it also provides great breadth of experience in a short time. The company provides great training and career development opportunities. This is the best I have ever been treated by top management.

Cons

The exponential growth of the company presents real challenges. If you want to work one program for the long term this probably isn’t the place for you. The communication between programs is problematic so there is a tendency to reinvent the wheel instead of using engineering that has already been done in another program. This is driven by the massive amount of work to be done and short suspenses.

No complaints. The single most important action by management at SNC is identifying those key individuals with the ability and expertise to communicate and lead within their groups and across programs. Exacerbated by exponential growth.

There are newer employer reviews for Sierra Nevada Corporation