Sierra Nevada Corporation

www.sncorp.com
  www.sncorp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sierra Nevada Corporation

I am very impressed with the caliber of the engineering, technical writing, production, and management personnel.

Current Employee - Technical Writer in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Technical Writer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The work culture at SNC is one of professionalism, rapid response, quality, and exceeding the customer’s expectations. There is terrific variety. I worked three different programs during my first year. While that presents challenges, it also provides great breadth of experience in a short time. The company provides great training and career development opportunities. This is the best I have ever been treated by top management.

Cons

The exponential growth of the company presents real challenges. If you want to work one program for the long term this probably isn’t the place for you. The communication between programs is problematic so there is a tendency to reinvent the wheel instead of using engineering that has already been done in another program. This is driven by the massive amount of work to be done and short suspenses.

No complaints. The single most important action by management at SNC is identifying those key individuals with the ability and expertise to communicate and lead within their groups and across programs. Exacerbated by exponential growth.

224 Other Employee Reviews for Sierra Nevada Corporation (View Most Recent)

Great "small" company to work for.

Current Employee - Systems Test Engineer in Louisville, CO
    Current Employee - Systems Test Engineer in Louisville, CO

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Still has a small company feel, even though the company is growing incredibly quickly.
    World class aerospace (and military) product manufacturer with a huge range of products and services to work on.
    Nice, caring co-workers.

Cons

Some "good old boy" attitudes about women in engineering, specifically aerospace, persist.

Actively work to discourage sexism in the workplace. You can't just take a passive role and hope it goes away.

Truly a great company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sparks, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sparks, NV

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love working here! The owners are so generous and kind and truly appreciate their employees. They do expect 110% but I feel they also give you 110% as well. Great benefits, great pay and a great group of employees. I wish that I would have found this company years ago.

Cons

I would have to agree with the other reviewers about the growing pains. I hope that we can continue to grow but also to realize that we are now a large company and need more hands as we continue to grow.

Keep doing what you're doing and showing your employees appreciation and I'm sure you'll continue to get 110% in return but also keep in mind that a good work/life balance is also essential to happy/productive employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Sierra Nevada Corporation