There are newer employer reviews for Sierra Nevada Corporation

Unprofessional Work Environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sparks, NV
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sparks, NV

I worked at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Don't see anything good other than pay for write good review.

Cons

Compensation is low with those uncertain Bonus each years.

Educated before speak out loud.

reviews filtered by
  1. I am very impressed with the caliber of the engineering, technical writing, production, and management personnel.

Current Employee - Technical Writer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Technical Writer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The work culture at SNC is one of professionalism, rapid response, quality, and exceeding the customer’s expectations. There is terrific variety. I worked three different programs during my first year. While that presents challenges, it also provides great breadth of experience in a short time. The company provides great training and career development opportunities. This is the best I have ever been treated by top management.

Cons

The exponential growth of the company presents real challenges. If you want to work one program for the long term this probably isn’t the place for you. The communication between programs is problematic so there is a tendency to reinvent the wheel instead of using engineering that has already been done in another program. This is driven by the massive amount of work to be done and short suspenses.

No complaints. The single most important action by management at SNC is identifying those key individuals with the ability and expertise to communicate and lead within their groups and across programs. Exacerbated by exponential growth.

After one year, I’m still very impressed.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sparks, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sparks, NV

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

My employment with Sierra Nevada Corporation started just one short year ago. This company creates fantastic places to work. The projects are challenging and my co-workers are dedicated to creating innovative, high-quality products. Sierra Nevada Corporation has internal training and strives for everyone to be successful. But work alone does not make a successful team. Today, Sierra Nevada Corporation continues to be a family-oriented, pro-employee company with the best benefits and employee activities I’ve seen in decades. Let’s not overlook the benefits of living in the Reno/Sparks area. We enjoy no Income Tax, four seasons, 30 minutes to a Ski Resort, and all the hiking, fishing, boating, camping you could want. It’s an awesome time to be at a fantastic company.

Cons

I find that the biggest problem is not having enough time in the day to work on the exciting projects assigned and still be able to enjoy all the activities that abound in this area.

There are newer employer reviews for Sierra Nevada Corporation