There are newer employer reviews for Sierra Pacific Industries

Hard place to work, but decent pay

Former Employee - Glass Cutter in Red Bluff, CA
Former Employee - Glass Cutter in Red Bluff, CA

I worked at Sierra Pacific Industries

Pros

Great location, if you love small towns. Close to National Parks, not too far from the coast (3 hrs or so) and close to skiing. Decent pay for what you're doing, management is fair and easy to approach.

Cons

Tough work, hot in the summer, cold in the winter. Hard to get a day off. People you work with are crude. About 60% mexican nationals work there, can be a downside if you're not mexican or enjoy being talked about it spanish. Don't be late either, a bell goes off when your shift starts and you'd better be there or you'll get written up.

Be more flexible with time off

6 Other Employee Reviews for Sierra Pacific Industries (View Most Recent)

Great while it lasted.

I worked at Sierra Pacific Industries full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Plenty of work when the demand is high, there is demand out there however the competition is intense. The atmosphere can be upbeat at times, generally during the holidays.

Cons

Lack of work during economic downturn. This happens frequently in the wood products industry, yearly I would say. We see this every year, perhaps if we became pro active when tough times come around.

Keep people informed and do not sugar coat the bad news

Very stable and financially secure company to work for.

Former Employee - Territory Manager
    Former Employee - Territory Manager

I worked at Sierra Pacific Industries full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company was founded with great principles and values. They are dedicated to keep a strong presence in the wood products industry. I would recommend Sierra Pacific based on these pros.

Cons

Even with my commitment to (excessive) 12-14 hour days, it was difficult to advance both professionally and financially. My base pay didn't change for 12 years. I would not recommend Sierra Pacific based on these cons.

Don't forget it is individual people that make an organization.

There are newer employer reviews for Sierra Pacific Industries