There are newer employer reviews for Sigma-Aldrich

Going downhill

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Sigma-Aldrich

Pros

Sigma has some great people, definitely the best part of Sigma is the wonderful co workers. The parking is free. Not too far of a drive,

Cons

With so many good, hard working people it is hard to watch Sigma go into the dark ages. HR does nothing to help or support workers abused by inadequate managers who have taken advantage of the fear in people. With the trials that face all of us these days I had hoped Sigma would have stepped up to the plate and support their employees instead of taking advantage and using these trying times to use and neglect instead.

Advice to Management

Get a grip on the temperament of your employees. There is rampant distrust of management. Salaried employees are mostly over worked, under payed, and devalued.

reviews filtered by
  1. Overall, it is a fantastic company to work for.

Current Employee - Chemist I in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Chemist I in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Sigma-Aldrich

Pros

Great people, great benefits, great environment to learn and grow. The management seems to really care about their employees and the work environment is always amicable.

Cons

They may not compensate entry-level positions as well as some other major companies. However, the compensation is still very fair.

Advice to Management

I feel that the leadership at Sigma Aldrich does a great job at considering the company employees. I feel fortunate to be a part of the team.

Laid-back and relaxed schedule

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Sigma-Aldrich

Pros

Work-life balance; Minimum work pressure; Absence of cut throat competition among employees; No long hours; No one is tracking your day to day hours

Cons

Low salary; low recognition of the company; no learning and growth opportunity; absence of mentoring; no career progression; limited market

Advice to Management

Please ensure proper training and on boarding process for the new employees. Create a proper career progression plan for employees at all levels

There are newer employer reviews for Sigma-Aldrich