Sigma-Aldrich

www.sigmaaldrich.com
  www.sigmaaldrich.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sigma-Aldrich

Sigma was okay but now..?...?...?

Current Employee - Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Sigma-Aldrich full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity for advancement (if you change departments...not if you continue in the same)
Benefits - 401K match, tuition reimbursement (although only 3,500/year....)
Most people are great
$100 yearly bonus - I always look forward to this

Cons

Salary
Raises don't keep up with inflation and are a joke. 2.7% increase for meeting and exceeding all expectations.....and I wonder why most employees are mediocre
Raises are typically pushed back (for example to April) to save cash. What a great way to reward your employees?
Sigmotions (promotion without title or pay increase)
Layoffs without reason/justification
Turnover is high - only the unmotivated employees stay

Invest more in employees, define applied market...invest in technology, finalize business strategy prior to rolling out (duh??), communicate with employees....interact with them (I know they don't mean much to you but at least act like it!)

Remove the "reserved" parking spots - this is embarrassing and shows the inequality

Don't let personal beliefs interfere with business - ie stem cells

178 Other Employee Reviews for Sigma-Aldrich (View Most Recent)

If you are average/terrible at what you do, but can talk the talk, this is the place for you.

Current Employee - Marketing & EBusiness in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Marketing & EBusiness in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Sigma-Aldrich full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you know the right people, you might just get what you want.

Cons

You are on your own when it comes to career development, salary increments and other opportunities.
    Middle management (Directors/VPs) are completely disconnected from realities and focus on strategy with no regard to tactics. The amount of money invested, compared to what was actually delivered by E-Business and Marketing, was laughable and in any other company, heads would have rolled.

Your success is dependent on those who work for you. Creating ivory towers is a failed policy and is the main reason talent is leaving the company, and not recommending it to others. During my time there, I saw nary a content soul. Is that the work environment that is going to keep your stock price high for long? I think not.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Sigma-Aldrich full-time

Pros

Great people
    Good advancement opportunities
    The company is conservative with change but in these economic times that is a strong point

Cons

All companies have negatives. Nothing to post here that isn't part of working for any company.

There are newer employer reviews for Sigma-Aldrich