Sigma-Aldrich

www.sigmaaldrich.com
  www.sigmaaldrich.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sigma-Aldrich

Sigma is one in a million!!!! The grass is not greener on the other side of the fence.

Current Employee - Manager in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Sigma-Aldrich full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Driven for success
Cares about employees
Forward thinking
Pushes for shared knowledge
Family Friendly
Competitive Salary
Promotes from within

Cons

Long hours
One Company is not always the best model

The One Company model is a great concept in many areas of the business, though in other areas it could hurt our response time to our customers. It is easier to turn a speed boat than a cruise ship.

178 Other Employee Reviews for Sigma-Aldrich (View Most Recent)

Isotec, Miamisburg, Ohio, worst place to work in sigma-Aldrich Corporation

Current Employee - Chemist in Miamisburg, OH
    Current Employee - Chemist in Miamisburg, OH

I have been working at Sigma-Aldrich full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This site has lots of potential in business, as they are working in high $ value product line. Too much discrimination between the employees, this place is leading by undergraduates who has no knowledge in science as well as in business. I hope from head office someone is watching this place as well as this management.

Cons

I will never recommend anyone to work in this place. Lot's of life timer employees working in this place, they have no knowledge what the are doing in science they are just like a cook not a scientist. This group of employees are the biggest problem in this place. As I mentioned management is clue less, they don't know what they are doing.

Please watch this site carefully so many problems, so much discrimination. Watch your management for their survival they are manipulating, Please talk to your employee directly and get the details about your management.

Great first, post-graduation job.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Sigma-Aldrich full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Promotes from within, great benefits (401K, Insurance, Education), great coworkers. Getting time off for the unexpected surprises in life is not difficult. As long as you do your job well, you will be OK.

Cons

As with any company, some communication issues with certain departments. Changing departments is the best chance of promotion. Obsessive C-Y-A mentality of some hinders forward progress.

There are newer employer reviews for Sigma-Aldrich