Sigma-Aldrich

www.sigmaaldrich.com

Not a good place to Work (Miamisburg)

Scientist (Current Employee) Miamisburg, OH

ProsIts a very good Company to work but the side I am working ( Miamisburg) is totally mismanaged. Most of the managers and staff have no knowledge of chemistry. Sigma is trying to send some good talent but not those are not geting chance, and they are leaving this place.

ConsTell me where in the world a Ph.D and having number of years Experince and publications, patents reporting to B.Sc. More over those B.scs don’t even know what they are doing but pretending they know more then Ph.D. Miamisburg R&D and production both are some. Some good talent is their but not getting chance to make the changes.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are spending so much money and time to bring talent to this side. I think you should send some one from the corporate side to watch this unit and get feed back from the employee. Also give the opportunity to inside talent those who want to contribute with good chemistry knowledge.
In my knowledge Miamisburg side is worst side in sigma-Aldrich .

Good place for your two years experience. But keep your eyes open for something better.

Chemist I (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Sigma-Aldrich

Pros: Stable employment. Some facilities are brand new. Tuition assistance. Cons: Very very very poor promotion potential on the science track. I'm not sure how they expect to keep people when you can only advance to… Advice to Senior Management: I know you have a bottom line, but if an employee does something that saves the company 50K a year, a nice bonus… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good Midwest company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Sigma-Aldrich

Pros: Solid company with Good benefits Its Market leader position makes bringing… Cons: Hard to change things that are in place Advice to Senior Management: Open ears as much inside as out Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Sigma-Aldrich.

Worked for Sigma-Aldrich? Contribute to the Community!