There are newer employer reviews for Sigma-Aldrich

Good for an entry level job

Current Employee - Chemist II  in  Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Chemist II in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Sigma-Aldrich

Pros

Stability, Communication from upper management, Job security

Cons

Pay and Bonuses are way below industry standards, Middle Management is poor at best, No opportunity for advancement, Training is non existent

Work on Remunerations and Benefits to attrach new talent and retain good employees

168 Other Employee Reviews for Sigma-Aldrich (View Most Recent)

Not a good place to Work (Miamisburg)

Current Employee - Scientist  in  Miamisburg, OH
    Current Employee - Scientist in Miamisburg, OH

I have been working at Sigma-Aldrich

Pros

Its a very good Company to work but the side I am working ( Miamisburg) is totally mismanaged. Most of the managers and staff have no knowledge of chemistry. Sigma is trying to send some good talent but not those are not geting chance, and they are leaving this place.

Cons

Tell me where in the world a Ph.D and having number of years Experince and publications, patents reporting to B.Sc. More over those B.scs don’t even know what they are doing but pretending they know more then Ph.D. Miamisburg R&D and production both are some. Some good talent is their but not getting chance to make the changes.

You are spending so much money and time to bring talent to this side. I think you should send some one from the corporate side to watch this unit and get feed back from the employee. Also give the opportunity to inside talent those who want to contribute with good chemistry knowledge.
    In my knowledge Miamisburg side is worst side in sigma-Aldrich .

Good place for your two years experience. But keep your eyes open for something better.

Current Employee - Chemist I  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Chemist I in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Sigma-Aldrich

Pros

Stable employment. Some facilities are brand new. Tuition assistance.

Cons

Very very very poor promotion potential on the science track. I'm not sure how they expect to keep people when you can only advance to chemist II and maybe supervisor after 10+ years, or you need your phD and it might take you 6 years. Like others said, use it for experience if your entry level then look for something else. Entry level salaries are average, but..... raises and advancement is very poor.

I know you have a bottom line, but if an employee does something that saves the company 50K a year, a nice bonus at the end of that year might not hurt( and I'm not talking about a 5% raise as opposed to a 3-4% raise).

There are newer employer reviews for Sigma-Aldrich

Worked for Sigma-Aldrich? Contribute to the Community!