Sigma-Aldrich

www.sigmaaldrich.com
  www.sigmaaldrich.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sigma-Aldrich

Good company to be involved in...as a stockholder, not employee

Current Employee - Scientist in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Scientist in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Sigma-Aldrich

Pros

Aldrich provides pretty good relocation benefits and a pretty decent work-life balance. I was generally able to take a day off when I needed to. It's a very stable company with good profits.

Cons

They make you pay back your entire relocation benefits if you leave within two years which is very unusual in the industry but might be the companie's way of "retaining" employees. Salary is very low compared to other companies and the benefits are just average. The work is not very exciting and there is nothing high-tech about the company.

Invest more into employees or otherwise it will be very difficult to retain talent. Created a more exciting work environment.

177 Other Employee Reviews for Sigma-Aldrich (View Most Recent)

Good for an entry level job

Current Employee - Chemist II in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Chemist II in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Sigma-Aldrich

Pros

Stability, Communication from upper management, Job security

Cons

Pay and Bonuses are way below industry standards, Middle Management is poor at best, No opportunity for advancement, Training is non existent

Work on Remunerations and Benefits to attrach new talent and retain good employees

Not a good place to Work (Miamisburg)

Current Employee - Scientist in Miamisburg, OH
    Current Employee - Scientist in Miamisburg, OH

I have been working at Sigma-Aldrich

Pros

Its a very good Company to work but the side I am working ( Miamisburg) is totally mismanaged. Most of the managers and staff have no knowledge of chemistry. Sigma is trying to send some good talent but not those are not geting chance, and they are leaving this place.

Cons

Tell me where in the world a Ph.D and having number of years Experince and publications, patents reporting to B.Sc. More over those B.scs don’t even know what they are doing but pretending they know more then Ph.D. Miamisburg R&D and production both are some. Some good talent is their but not getting chance to make the changes.

You are spending so much money and time to bring talent to this side. I think you should send some one from the corporate side to watch this unit and get feed back from the employee. Also give the opportunity to inside talent those who want to contribute with good chemistry knowledge.
    In my knowledge Miamisburg side is worst side in sigma-Aldrich .

There are newer employer reviews for Sigma-Aldrich