Sigma-Tau Pharmaceuticals
www.sigmatau.com Gaithersburg, MD 50 to 149 Employees

Very Fledgling US operation of a foreign based Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Rockville, MD

ProsOpportunities for development of skills. Interesting culture. Developing focus in orphan development. Strong potential for success. Opportunities to perform multiple functions.

ConsNo Autonomy. Strong foreign managment influence. Inexperienced and often absent Senior Level Management. Pipeline in need of specific focus. Lack of internal US infrastructure. Strong allegiance to foreign managers. Often unrealistic expectations with little capital to support goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop a more expereinced management team. Focus development on fewer goals. in-license carefully. Develop skill sets in clinical development in accord with programs being undertaken.

Great company but flawed business model.

Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

I have been working at Sigma-Tau Pharmaceuticals full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great company, products and management. Great company cars, base… Cons: Commission is not realistic. Base pay is essentially the year end take home pay. Good medical food product… Advice to Senior Management: Consider broadening the scope of physicians to those who are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Desperately seeking management in Indianapolis

Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Sigma-Tau Pharmaceuticals full-time

Pros: Excellent benefits. The company is also close to Baxter,… Cons: The best of the employees (including the best of management) have left, with a few exceptions. I'll keep this short… Advice to Senior Management: To Gaithersburg - Why do you think so many have… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Sigma-Tau Pharmaceuticals.

Worked for Sigma-Tau Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sigma-Tau Pharmaceuticals reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sigma-Tau Pharmaceuticals CEO Dave Lemus. All reviews posted anonymously by Sigma-Tau Pharmaceuticals employees.