Signature Flight

www.signatureflight.com
  www.signatureflight.com
There are newer employer reviews for Signature Flight

One of the longest, mind numbing nine months of my life.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at Signature Flight full-time (less than an year)

Pros

leftover catering, meet interesting people.

Cons

After graduating college, my options for employment were limited. I tried customer service at SIgnature and I feel like I wasted nine months of my life. The management is the most unorganized, unethical, biased group of people I have ever worked with. Favoritism runs throughout Signature including special overtime shifts posted, getting out of doing strenuous jobs and getting certain days off. Due to being in the union my position was saved but everyone in management seemed expendable.

No matter how hard you work, you are never recognized. To successfully skate through being an employee here you must do the least amount of work as possibly and you will "succeed". The only time management talks to you is when you do something wrong. I do not feel a a successful company can be run on those principles.

-Take a seminar regarding appropriate ways to interact with employees.
-Learn and accept it is not CSR's/LST's against management.
-Must actually be personable and potentially have a sense of humor.
-Quit before your position is eliminated like almost everyother department has been.

33 Other Employee Reviews for Signature Flight (View Most Recent)

Was once a great place to work...

Former Employee - Line Services Technician in Belgrade, MT
    Former Employee - Line Services Technician in Belgrade, MT

I worked at Signature Flight

Pros

* Work outdoors year-round in beautiful Bozeman/Belgrade area of Montana
    * Good pay for semi-skilled blue-collar work in the area
    * A very "cool" job getting to work around and with jets and fuel trucks
    * Most of the people you'll work with are great and a lot of fun to work around
    * Tons of responsibility and autonomy (but less autonomy then there was)

Cons

* Under Signature the job has become weighed down by layer-upon-layer of procedure and rules and BS. All the new rules and procedures are allegedly for "safety" purposes, but I worked there for five years with far less rules/procedures and no accidents or damage to aircraft, passengers, or crew. In my opinion, the smoothering rules and procedures come from an HR department with too much time, too much money to burn, given too long of a leash.
    * Less autonomy then before
    * Less respect and trust than before
    * A pervasive feeling of being disposable
    * Every man for themselves
    * A sense that you can get fired for every little thing

Start treating the people that work the front-line (CSRS and Line Guys) with respect again. Stop hovering. Ease up on all the Signature regs and procedures--they're just there to keep somebody at corporate busy. Figure out what the heck people are supposed to be doing and then say it once and don't change it. Stop getting mad at people when they probably haven't heard (or understood) the latest change in procedure or policy. Stop worrying so much about losing your jobs that you abandon your team and make us feel that you're not our advocate.

Worst job I've ever had

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Signature Flight

Pros

I love working around aircraft, even the smaller ones.

Cons

During my interview I stated that I couldn't work certain days for personal reasons Since then I have been hounded and even docked points on my review for not being able to work those days... then I was told "As an employer, that's not my problem." During the same review I was also docked points for not doing things that I had NEVER been trained or told were part of my job. And I even got docked points for asking management a question about my position. It's also really not fun to be in an environment where managers swear at the employees

You need to hire better management. Also, you should probably be on that show "undercover boss" to get a better idea of how things are actually working at the different locations... because it's NOT working.

There are newer employer reviews for Signature Flight