Awesome startup company!!

Current Employee - National Sales in New York, NY
Current Employee - National Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Signpost full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone in the company including all executives are extremely accessible and open to ideas. New and young reps are able to jump right in and make a difference in a startup environment. Some of the more sr reps are frequently brought in on ideas and planning meetings to give their feedback and help shape the direction of the company.
The culture is awesome. Team happy hours pretty frequently, president's club trips, contests for reps to work out of different offices (Denver, Austin, NYC), etc.

Cons

Some people are not a fit for the startup environment. The people that are successful here are fast paced, fun loving people who believe in the company, very passionate and are here to make ridiculous amounts of money. Some of the people who were not a fit are more interested in just coasting by.

Advice to Management

Stay passionate, continue to be accessible to everyone and keep doing a great job.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Best Office with a Mountain View

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Signpost full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Signpost is such a great place to work for anyone looking to start a career. I started my career at Signpost right out of college with no sales experience, and I owe a lot to the company and management team in molding me into a successful sales rep that was able to be promoted to the Management level in just a little over a year. It is a great company for anyone to work at if you are looking for career growth, but also have an impact on the future of the company. If you put in the hard work and hit your numbers, you will be rewarded.

One of my favorite things about Signpost are the people. You will never find a cooler much of co-workers at any other job. It isn't uncommon to see teams doing push-ups to amp themselves up after a sale, or another rep throwing a pie at a manager's face for losing in a team contest. Team v. Team or Office v. Office contests are a regular occurrence, as are office happy hours.

Overall this is a great place to work and I owe a lot to them. Signpost has all of the benefit that most startups have - culture, keg in the office, awesome view of the mountains, general fun, we may or may not eat our lunch in a former horse stable - but also has the benefits that you look for in a job when you want to be successful and have a career.

Cons

It is a sales job - there will inevitably be good days and bad days. It can be hard for some reps who come to Signpost straight out of college with no experience to deal with rejection at first, so it is something that some reps have a hard time adjusting to.

Best culture, Great opportunities, Free Beer

Current Employee - Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Signpost full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome place to start my career. Started as a sales rep, promoted to Sales exec, moved across the company to help open up a new office, and have grown into the management team.

There is literally no other company where I could have the experience I've had at this point in my career. What I tell people about my job is "Although I never really enjoy getting up in the morning, I literally never dread coming to work."

I left college ready to work, and this company gave me the tools and the opportunity to have the success that I have today. Couldn't recommend this job any more highly to someone who is ready to work their tail off to get what they want.

Cons

Typical startup growing pains - not as cushy an infrastructure as you might be used to, but that's part of the startup fun - never a dull moment. The base pay isn't what you'd want it to be, but that's because we reward overachievers with a strong bonus, not people who coast through the day.

Also lots of hard work - this is not an easy sales job. If you're competent and exceeding your job, expect to get extra responsibilities. If you're the right person, you're probably not reading that as a con.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote from within for those whom fit the bill both performance-wise and personality-wise. Keep the culture as a high priority.