There are newer employer reviews for Signpost

Really cool place to work. You get to chose how successful you will be here.

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Sales Executive in Austin, TX

I worked at Signpost full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Cool, Family like environment. Growing fast and they really try to value their employees

Cons

Sales is tough. Don't take this job if you dont like repetition.

Do more to reward top performers

62 Other Employee Reviews for Signpost (View Most Recent)

Senior Sales Executive

Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Denver, CO

I worked at Signpost full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nothing positive besides the keg of beer at night while I stayed to meet unreasonable call minimums that no one else had. This is an easy lure for fresh college grads and please beware! The interview process is outrageously long compared to the turnover they have. Please just go get a job at Enterprise Rent A Car if you're bothering considering this startup junk lying to everyone they can to get a credit card over the phone. Gross.

Cons

It was never mentioned that I would be joining a call center, where yelling is getting the sale. Fear tactics and threats to be fired by my third day is unreal in any HR book. I watched employees drop left and right; i.e. you are let go at two months automatically if you aren't selling the minimum (which is hard to do and the commission is worthless).

Management must attend several training courses and progressive discipline workshops. A salesperson doesn't make a great manager. I quit because of my managers and my number of calls/day being higher than everyone else just because I asked for more money in the interview. Also, I refuse to be looked down upon outside break time for using the restroom or getting water. This place is a real life prison camp and it's likely you're manager will be sitting right beside you freaking out about their personal sales instead of coaching a team. RUN if you have time and be very careful with these new 'Marketing' and 'Sales' jobs. Also the insurance sucks a and there is no HR to stop what's happening at that place. If really like to know the retention rate?

Signpost Response

Sep 18, 2014Manager of Sales Talent

Signpost offers an inside sales environment with a base salary, uncapped commission and a fast track promotion schedule to their Sales Representatives. Every candidate that is interviewed at Signpost ... More

Overworked, underpaid, micro managed ASSIGNED LUNCH TIME...Glorified call center, nothing more.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Signpost full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Ummm, there is music playing and a pingpong table that you're aloud to use for 20 minutes a day. That's about it.

Cons

You're paid barely enough to eat. You have two scheduled 15 minute breaks that must be taken at a certain time, and the same goes for lunch. If you don't take your lunch or break at the assigned time, then you don't get one. You're cold calling Boiler Room style making 150 dials per day and begging and pleading trying to get people to listen to you talk. Managers and directors also pop you with a whip if you don't hit nearly four hours of talk time per day. Significantly over priced product in a market saturated with people doing the same thing.

Relax, cool it, let us breathe while we work. We are adults, this place is far too up tight to produce!

Signpost Response

Sep 9, 2014Manager of Sales Talent

Signpost offers an inside sales environment with a base salary, uncapped commission and a fast track promotion schedule to their Sales Representatives. We provide daily training and about 2 hours ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Signpost