There are newer employer reviews for Signs Now

Amazing company to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rocky Mount, NC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rocky Mount, NC

I worked at Signs Now part-time for more than a year

Pros

Family feel
Small company so you learn a lot quickly
Hands-on experience
Willing to work with your available hours

Cons

Small company so my hours were limited

7 Other Employee Reviews for Signs Now (View Most Recent)

Great working environment but very limited opportunity for advancement.

Former Employee - Graphic Designer  in  Fayetteville, AR
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Fayetteville, AR

I worked at Signs Now full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very fun work. Lots of creativity.

Cons

Small shop. No room for advancement or pay raises.

Selfish, self-loathing and ignorant manager

Former Employee - Graphic Designer  in  Gladstone, MO
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Gladstone, MO

I worked at Signs Now

Pros

Good experience with everything related to production (of all kinds), and design. The customers were also extremely kind and complementary of my work.

Cons

Manager expected everything in the shop to be done by the designer when she originally said that she would do 1/2 and the designer would do the other 1/2. She never made her expectations 100% clear and set her personal biases against all employees. She overlooked hard work and tallent just to find something that she could criticize to make herself feel better about being "the manager". She expected the designer to design all of the products her way, we used illustrator, but she would go in and change things to suit her needs; however she didn't know the software and would yell at us when she couldn't work the system. She treated the customers like crap and didn't properly train any of the employees. In my 3 months there I didn't once receive the handbooks that she promised. I don't know if all Signs Now are like this, but this one certainly is horrid.

Learn how to use the software that you expect your employees to use in case you do decide to take over every design. Also treat your employees with respect, listen to them and speak to them kindly. Just because someone knows more than you about a business doesn't give you the right to bully them. Learn from your employees, they have just as much to teach you as you should teach them.

There are newer employer reviews for Signs Now

Worked for Signs Now? Contribute to the Community!