There are newer employer reviews for Sikorsky

very good stepping stone

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Horseheads, NY
Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Horseheads, NY

I have been working at Sikorsky

Pros

Employee scholar program is excellent. Plus the stock awards that is also given (though) the company has done away with the award these days.

Cons

You have to be diligent about your own self development and fight for recognition and compensation for your outstanding achievements.

Management should pay closer to what employees have to say. Many a times we have good ideas that can lead the company in a better direction.

225 Other Employee Reviews for Sikorsky (View Most Recent)

Needs a shake-up

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Stratford, CT
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Stratford, CT

I worked at Sikorsky

Pros

Working on products that make a difference

Cons

Little assistance in career planning

Take employee satisfaction seriously

Would not recommend Sikorsky in Huntsville, AL

Former Employee - Logistics Analyst in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Logistics Analyst in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Sikorsky

Pros

- Pay scale is based off Connecticut rates, so better starting salaries compared to the rest of HSV
    - Educational benefits are good, if you can make it 1 year to collect them

Cons

- Most Managers were at the Connecticut offices, so you can get ignored or forgotten

- The only way to advance is to relocate up to Connecticut

- High turn-over rate among employees, even upper management

- My managers created a poor relationship with Army, so I was often caught in the middle of their fights

- Sikorsky is obsessed with Lean manufacturing, and while I'm sure that has helped their helicopter assembly lines, it is a joke for the white collar employees, and a huge waste of time and money. They make it almost near impossible to finish your training unless you are up in Connecticut, but your reviews are dependent upon you finishing the training.

- My managers hired me to be part of a new team they were trying to sell to the Army, but my managers didn't know what we were supposed to be doing, and had created such a bad relationship with the Army that the Army personnel didn't want to talk to my team, so I ended up sitting around for 8 months with nothing to do. (Except look for a new job)

- Every quarter we would have a all-hands meeting, and every meeting they would ask new employees to raise their hands, and for every meeting I attended 1/3 of the room raised their hands. It says something when a company has such a high turn over rate.

Empower your satellite offices more. Long distance managing is not very effective.

There are newer employer reviews for Sikorsky