Sikorsky
www.sikorsky.com Stratford, CT 5000+ Employees

Old Boys Network

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sikorsky

ProsGood education plan, direct bill no reimbursement and many colleges and universities participate. Flexibility in certain departments. Centrally located, commute is a breeze within New Haven & Fairfield Counties. Really cool to see and end product that can defy gravity and that you have had a hand in creating.

ConsNot a great place for women. Very little growth from within, many of Senior Management are not what we would call "home grown" but from another Helicopter company. Promotion of work life balance, however, in practice it is very non existent and hard to balance once on the program. Salary employees have a very expensive medical plan that requires a large amount of Cost Sharing from the employee which we do not understand as the company is self insured and has the ability to have much more control over the choice of plan. No vision coverage. Vacation time takes 7 years or more to earn an additional week.

Constant firefighting, but with some very good firefighters

Procurement Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sikorsky

Pros: Very stable product sales (military); a few pockets of brilliant, highly skilled… Cons: Stifiling bureaucracy; forms and authorization are required for nearly everything... and if you don't use the standard form… Advice to Senior Management: My advice to management? If you're competent enough to be a senior leader at UTC,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Amazing

Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Sikorsky

Pros: Learning how helicopters are made is awesome, who would not… Cons: I did not get much help with relocation and did… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Sikorsky.

Worked for Sikorsky? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sikorsky reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sikorsky CEO Mick Maurer . All reviews posted anonymously by Sikorsky employees.