Sikorsky
www.sikorsky.com Stratford, CT 5000+ Employees

Family-oriented company....but not for the younger generation

Analyst, Information Technology (Former Employee)
Stratford, CT

I worked at Sikorsky full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat benefits
Unbeatable pay
Paid Tuition
Holidays the entire company closes down.

ConsVery old environment, slow to changes in technology, a lot of the time people are hired based on who they are related to rather than their actual skill.

This company is a company you can quickly get sucked into as the money is great, but its extremely difficult to leave your field once you've started in it.

People don't typically leave UTC

Advice to Senior ManagementSome people are great assets if used correctly, but you cant expect someone to work effectively without the right tools.

6 years of ERP and WAN support for MRO subsidiary of Sikorsky

Systems Administrator (Former Employee)
Shelton, CT

I worked at Sikorsky full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Sikorsky Support Services Inc (SSSI) morphed into SAM (Sikorsky Aircraft Maintenance) and was a fairly independent, quick moving smaller company, adroit at getting and… Cons: Became almost absurdedly bureaucratic after change in management in 2009. More emphasis on "criossing t's and… Advice to Senior Management: Nurture good workers, reward them, don't burden them with onerous… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Dependent on Contracts

Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee)
Big Flats, NY

I have been working at Sikorsky full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great product, fun blue-collar atmosphere. Cons: Dependent on contract to keep doors open. Advice to Senior Management: Disband unions. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Sikorsky.

Worked for Sikorsky? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sikorsky reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sikorsky CEO Mick Maurer . All reviews posted anonymously by Sikorsky employees.