Sikorsky
www.sikorsky.com Stratford, CT 5000+ Employees

There is good money to be made.

Electrical Installer (Current Employee)
Stratford, CT

I have been working at Sikorsky full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe one thing no one can complain about working for this company, is that the money is very good. With some time in the company, you can post for new jobs.

ConsJob security is not great, and very dependent on the economy and wars. One needs a bit of time in to move to a more suitable job. Also changing to a shift that works well for employee can be a real issue with out seniority.

Family-oriented company....but not for the younger generation

Analyst, Information Technology (Former Employee)
Stratford, CT

I worked at Sikorsky full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great benefits Unbeatable pay Paid Tuition Holidays the entire company closes down. Cons: Very old environment, slow to changes in technology, a lot of the time people are hired based on who they are related to rather than… Advice to Senior Management: Some people are great assets if used correctly, but you… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

6 years of ERP and WAN support for MRO subsidiary of Sikorsky

Systems Administrator (Former Employee)
Shelton, CT

I worked at Sikorsky full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Sikorsky Support Services Inc (SSSI) morphed into SAM (Sikorsky Aircraft Maintenance) and was a fairly independent, quick moving smaller company, adroit at getting and… Cons: Became almost absurdedly bureaucratic after change in management in 2009. More emphasis on "criossing t's and… Advice to Senior Management: Nurture good workers, reward them, don't burden them with onerous… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Sikorsky.

Worked for Sikorsky? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sikorsky reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sikorsky CEO Mick Maurer . All reviews posted anonymously by Sikorsky employees.