Sikorsky
www.sikorsky.com Stratford, CT 5000+ Employees

Summer Internship Experience At Sikorsky

Summer Engineering Intern (Former Employee)
Stratford, CT

ProsLarge engineering company that has many different departments that offer numerous opportunities. As an intern the pay is great and usually they give you a stipend for housing. I recommend going to a department that is new to you, but is something that interests you. You will learn a lot and have an opportunity to work on some really cool things.

ConsIn engineering departments you develop a sort of tunnel vision when working on projects. It is usually small things that you contribute but never have the opportunity to see the big picture. Also, saw that it was hard to move up in the company quickly. Managers are usually 40+ years of age.

Interesting Work, Great People, Good pay and benefits

Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee)
    Stratford, CT

I worked at Sikorsky as an intern for less than a year

Pros: -Lots of interesting projects -The people I worked with in various groups were all easy to work with -Pay was top tier for intern level -As an intern… Cons: -Parking is far, but expected for such a large place, a bit annoying… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work

Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Sikorsky full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Interesting projects and technical challenges The king of rotary wing quality… Cons: A little too much institutional restriction Advice to Senior Management: Look at doing an independent review of processes and procedures… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Sikorsky.

Worked for Sikorsky? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sikorsky reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sikorsky CEO Mick Maurer . All reviews posted anonymously by Sikorsky employees.