Silgan Containers

www.silgancontainers.com

Milk it for pay and play dumb

Weld Line Mechanic (Former Employee) Woodland Hills, CA

ProsI was able to hide out there collecting a paycheck while looking for something better. I came in to the job without the intention to slack off but, after getting yelled at and threatened by the management I just came in punched in and did the absolute bare minimum to get by. I just let the machines run and let all of the crap we made flow through to the customers. I figured it served them right to loose the contracts.

ConsIt is still a hideous place to work and really dirty. The company was trying to automate more workers jobs while I was there. The management style is really poor.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry respect first. In the end if we do a poor job your boss doesn't make any money. Enjoy your layoff as well. Looks like the "chicken finally came home to roost"

The management doesn't even respect the law

Mechanic (Current Employee) Menomonie, WI

I have been working at Silgan Containers full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I had to argue just to get FMLA (family leave) after my daughter was born.… Cons: I can't think of a single good thing other than the pay is higher than the other plants… Advice to Senior Management: Keep your job here as long as you can! Most… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Don't even think about it!!! Just run away!!!

Production Supervisor (Current Employee) Menomonie, WI

I have been working at Silgan Containers full-time for less than a year

Pros: At least its a paycheck Cons: too many to list here Advice to Senior Management: Fix your production efficiency by getting new management. Workers should unionize this plant to keep… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Silgan Containers.

Worked for Silgan Containers? Contribute to the Community!