Silicon Graphics International
www.sgi.com Sunnyvale, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Has had its fifteen minutes of fame.

3D Graphics Programmer (Former Employee)
New Delhi (India)

ProsFor working on whatever little is left of the once legendary graphics team. These days it is a decent place for hardware engineers/computer architects looking for a systems manufacturer. I guess Sun is the hottest place to be (with their Niagara), but SGI isn't too bad either.

ConsThe company has been in downsizing mode forever. No real new products, especially on the graphics side. MIPS has been spun off and the OS and compiler related work is gone. The only part left is the high performance computing - mostly about selling the hardware - not a complete package. So it is a dead end for software engineers.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould have focused more on the gaming aspect of graphics.

Excellent management, great products, easy to work remote, good compensation. Overall great place to work at.

Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

I worked at Silicon Graphics International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The technology is great, people are smart and fun to work with, many are long… Cons: Overall the focus is HPC, that market isn't growing and also constantly becoming more competitive. So it was hard… Advice to Senior Management: The only way to justify the premium prices is to have premium products.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Data entry level

Customer Services (Former Employee)
    Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Silicon Graphics International part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: would to grow with company Cons: to see myself as team player Advice to Senior Management: assistant to the manger No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Silicon Graphics International.

Worked for Silicon Graphics International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Silicon Graphics International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Silicon Graphics International CEO Jorge L. Titinger. All reviews posted anonymously by Silicon Graphics International employees.