Silicon Graphics International

www.sgi.com

SGI was the best place I ever worked.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsInnovative company with very talented engineering team. The company is not as innovative as it once was, but still has good memory system architecture.

ConsManagement made poor decisions during the late 1990's that hurt the company for the next decade. It remains to be seen if a turnaround can be achieved after the acquisition by Rackable.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the engineering team challenged with new innovations. Avoid commodity technology. Focus on memory system technology and large scale data processing.

Its a job

Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee) Eagan, MN

I have been working at Silicon Graphics International

Pros: Good people company finally making money Offices for most engineers Pretty much make… Cons: Work lots of hours Understaffed Many layoffs benefits are below average Advice to Senior Management: Hire back some of the folks you laid off over… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Okay at employee level - shark infested waters at the executive level

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fremont, CA

I worked at Silicon Graphics International

Pros: Good cooperation between organizations at the line manager level Flexible work… Cons: Excessive amount of overtime Accountability is inconsistent Poor communication of the overall… Advice to Senior Management: Executive conflict creates an environment of fear Plan and manage significant initiatives… More

There are newer reviews on Silicon Graphics International.

Worked for Silicon Graphics International? Contribute to the Community!