Silicon Graphics International

www.sgi.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Silicon Graphics International

SGI is a globally diverse company and a leader in technical computing.

I have been working at Silicon Graphics International

Pros

Experience with highly technical teams all working in solving the planet's most demanding and complex problems from the following disciplines: finance, internet, oil and gas, automotive, manufacturing and government.

Cons

The new SGI is a young agile startup company with perceptions of being an old dinosaur. Call it as you see us but the new SGI is here to stay and we are proving everyone wrong that although the perception of us being old we are sleek and agile in our technical computing solutions.

Listen to what others may say about how slow or old SGI is (and why that is) and dwell on the opportunity to make changes to better the perception of this great company. As we improve on our perception success and increase revenues will follow.

56 Other Employee Reviews for Silicon Graphics International (View Most Recent)

Memorable place to work

Former Employee - Product Manager
    Former Employee - Product Manager

I worked at Silicon Graphics International

Pros

SGI was a great place to work once upon a time. The web of SGI alumni is phenomenal. Too bad Rick Belluzo tanked the company and it never recovered.

Cons

SGI's biggest challenge was its financial stability and its ability to be relevant as other technology got 'good enough'. The company couldn't figure out how to make the business model work.

work on the finanical model

Excellent people, little opportunities

I have been working at Silicon Graphics International

Pros

SGI is a great place to work if you like to be on the edge of supercomputing. There are very bright people aboard and the atmosphere is good.

Cons

Little opportunities for career development and personal growth due to financial situation. Senior management has been bad, but this has improved after the acquisition by Rackable Systems.

Listen to your employees and give them more opportunities for development and growth. HR is very weak and unresponsive. Employees have suffered a lot during the past years, now it is has become payback time.

There are newer employer reviews for Silicon Graphics International