Silicon Graphics
www.sgi.com Sunnyvale, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

SGI is a globally diverse company and a leader in technical computing.

I have been working at Silicon Graphics

ProsExperience with highly technical teams all working in solving the planet's most demanding and complex problems from the following disciplines: finance, internet, oil and gas, automotive, manufacturing and government.

ConsThe new SGI is a young agile startup company with perceptions of being an old dinosaur. Call it as you see us but the new SGI is here to stay and we are proving everyone wrong that although the perception of us being old we are sleek and agile in our technical computing solutions.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to what others may say about how slow or old SGI is (and why that is) and dwell on the opportunity to make changes to better the perception of this great company. As we improve on our perception success and increase revenues will follow.

Memorable place to work

Product Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Silicon Graphics

Pros: SGI was a great place to work once upon a time. The web of… Cons: SGI's biggest challenge was its financial stability and its ability to be relevant as other… Advice to Senior Management: work on the finanical model More

Excellent people, little opportunities

I have been working at Silicon Graphics

Pros: SGI is a great place to work if you like to be on the… Cons: Little opportunities for career development and personal growth due to financial situation. Senior… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your employees and give them more opportunities for development and growth. HR is very weak… More

There are newer reviews on Silicon Graphics.

Worked for Silicon Graphics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Silicon Graphics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Silicon Graphics CEO Jorge L. Titinger. All reviews posted anonymously by Silicon Graphics employees.