There are newer employer reviews for Silicon Valley Bank

Top company, great appreciation for employees.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at Silicon Valley Bank as a contractor

Pros

Amazing senior management. Fun, edgy company. Small enough for your accomplishments to be noticed and appreciated. Gives back to the community.

Cons

Headquarters has a stiff environment.

114 Other Employee Reviews for Silicon Valley Bank (View Most Recent)

Good, smart people, but you won't get rich here.

I worked at Silicon Valley Bank

Pros

Smart, dedicated employees who are really committed to offering cutting edge banking services to clients. Accountability is an important value.

Cons

The things that work well, they constantly tinker with--many times to their detriment. Management doesn't really listen to those who don't fully drink the Kool-Aid.

Stop spending so much on internal conferences, and hand out a decent bonus every now and then.

It has possibilities

Current Employee - Business Analyst ( Senior IT Project Manager II) in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Silicon Valley Bank as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Good location, some nice people, smaller company, no worries about lay offs

Cons

No lay offs however you tick off the wrong person and you are out of there even though you did a good job. This is really the oddest place that I have worked. There are a lot of very passive aggressive people in this company. IT is the worst. People get fired every time that you turn around. So it creates an environment of fear for those not in the "in crowd". Recruiters have asked me to come back and my response is NO WAY!

It is a small company. You can keep a better eye on things. Don't let people get treated this way.

There are newer employer reviews for Silicon Valley Bank