Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Silicon Valley Bank full-time

Pros

Relationship oriented, really care about people. Very talented and smart teams. Always something new happening so lots to learn.

Cons

Hours can be long.

Advice to Management

Focused and deliberate strategy is appreciated.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Our CIO is TERRIBLE

Current Employee - Senior IT Project Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior IT Project Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Silicon Valley Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and pay along with flex work hours

Cons

Our CIO Beth Devin has turned out to be a nightmare. I used to be filled with hope when she first joined a year + back, but she has steadily proven through her actions that she doesn't have a clue--and doesn't care to get a clue. She let go one of our best senior leaders in engineering recently and that seems to be the nail in the coffin. He was the only one seemingly with a vision as our CIO keeps flip flopping from one priority to another depending on the week. Now, nobody in the senior management team is trustworthy and they are all tainted--everyone is scared and out for themselves at the expense of the company and IT which is the real tragedy unfolding here. The CIO actually gave a speech after she made her "breath of fresh air" moves that if your not with her on her latest moves, get out of the company. Inspiring. Great values. Message: agree with me or get fired. Others in the company who are really outstanding contributors and know their stuff are getting sidelined and marginalized---a disaster in the making as they scramble for the exits. Who is going to be left to do the work? Im sure the CIO will continue to blame others for her own failures as she likes to prattle on constantly about taking more ownership and accountability yet doesn't follow her own rules. The two posts on here applauding the CIO are very poorly done plants--its well known in IT that she asked her remaining leadership team to post positive items due to prospective recruits reading what is really going on. Don't listen to them, IT is truly hell. CIO has done nothing in over a year except demotivate and disrupt the entire IT operation. Her new hires in management are weak--either know nothing about IT or are slow, scared, and ineffective. Don't know much about the last CIO, but it had to have been better than this!

Advice to Management

Clearly, fire your CIO and save IT. At the same time, hold your COO accountable as well---he is the mover behind the scenes allowing this nightmare to begin and continue. CEO needs to be more involved and accountable.

IT has gone from being a decent place to total misery

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Silicon Valley Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay package/salary Flexible time away from work policy

Cons

Agree with all the reviews stated before. CIO has completely lost it. She is clueless about how to run an IT shop. Fired 2 Leadership team members this week, after promoting both of them 5 months back. How can someone be so fickle minded. Apparently they were not exhibiting OneIT culture and whatever that means. One of them was known to express his dissent if he didn't agree with her opinions. The clear message is that you either suck up to her and not have your own opinion, or leave the bank. Don't think we even need her, she is never around for her employees anywyas. She is either attending conferences or going around bad mouthing IT to the business. How messed up we were before and how this transformational journey is going to take us to the moon. Someone should question what has she accomplished in the last one year. Besides completely messing up the morale of the team.

Advice to Management

Advice to COO: you need to take over IT. You have appointed a leader who is totally clueless and creating a culture worse than what we had before. Intervene now before it's too late.