Silicon Valley Bank

www.svb.com

IT has gone from being a decent place to total misery

Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsCompetitive pay package/salary
Flexible time away from work policy

ConsAgree with all the reviews stated before. CIO has completely lost it. She is clueless about how to run an IT shop. Fired 2 Leadership team members this week, after promoting both of them 5 months back. How can someone be so fickle minded. Apparently they were not exhibiting OneIT culture and whatever that means. One of them was known to express his dissent if he didn't agree with her opinions. The clear message is that you either suck up to her and not have your own opinion, or leave the bank.

Don't think we even need her, she is never around for her employees anywyas. She is either attending conferences or going around bad mouthing IT to the business. How messed up we were before and how this transformational journey is going to take us to the moon. Someone should question what has she accomplished in the last one year. Besides completely messing up the morale of the team.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to COO: you need to take over IT. You have appointed a leader who is totally clueless and creating a culture worse than what we had before. Intervene now before it's too late.

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Silicon Valley Bank full-time

Pros: Relationship oriented, really care about people. Very talented and… Cons: Hours can be long. Advice to Senior Management: Focused and deliberate strategy is appreciated. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Bank, Avoid IT

Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Silicon Valley Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great compensation Great growth story International expansion Talented IT team (except leadership) People on the ground run this company and make things happen… Cons: Too many clueless leadership team members in IT Incompetent CIO - CIO has declared a war on IT CIO lacks experience in filtering through , understanding problems… Advice to Senior Management: I agree with all the past reviews . CIO needs to be fired and replaced with someone who can unify the team and bring… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Silicon Valley Bank.

Worked for Silicon Valley Bank? Contribute to the Community!