Silver Spring Networks Inc.
www.silverspringnetworks.com Redwood City, CA 150 to 499 Employees

A Fast Improving Company with Great Vision and Products

Staff Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Silver Spring Networks Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

ProsProud to be a part of company that truly cares about changing the energy use. Smart grid is not about getting rid of the meter man, but provides the ability to conserve energy by dynamic pricing, dynamic response and stabilize the grid via distribution automation. I also like where the company is going with smart city initiative and providing the network for street lights, traffic lights, etc. This will be a game changer. I agree that management had problems last couple years, but is recognizing the issues and working actively to address them by putting the right people in charge and implementing good processes.

ConsLots of exciting products with too little people. It could be a bit chaotic at times. Contract awards do take a long time due to the nature of the business.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to improve and put right people in charge and listen to the employees. Prioritize on projects that give the biggest bang for the buck. Vision is great, but execution is everything.

Tremendous opportunity to take part in changing the world

Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Silver Spring Networks Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Silver Spring Networks is undertaking an ambitious effort to enable large-scale conversations about energy and consumption in a way that has never been attempted before.… Cons: Customers of Silver Spring Network are Utilities, and like any large company, Utilities have a great deal of internal political friction that makes things move… Advice to Senior Management: Upper management does have a tendency to be insular and somewhat silent. The workers of the company are kept abreast of possible deals, necessary… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Company operates at 150mph+. Works for me.

Systems Engineer (Current Employee)

Pros: The people these days all care about the company. They're all trying to just get the… Cons: Need to be better about setting priorities correctly. Not everything… Advice to Senior Management: Take a minute and listen to the ideas of the folks reporting into you.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Silver Spring Networks Inc..

Worked for Silver Spring Networks Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Silver Spring Networks Inc. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Silver Spring Networks Inc. CEO Scott Lang. All reviews posted anonymously by Silver Spring Networks Inc. employees.