Silver Spring Networks Inc.
www.silverspringnet.com Redwood City, CA 500 to 999 Employees

Complete lack of management and organization.

Redwood City, CA

ProsFree, although mediocre lunch, generous vacation policy, generous travel policies if you end up in a role where travel is part of your job. They pay for business class for all longer flights, although it appears this policy is under scrutiny. As someone else said, you also get a (used) chair, a desk and a light to help you read...

ConsThe company is mostly completely lacking management and their approach to organized work is that of 5-year olds in a sandbox. The software products are somewhere between bad and horrible shape and are mostly outdated. There is close to zero attention paid to maintainability and the approach is to throw enough engineers at tightening leaks left and right to keep the ship afloat instead of fixing fundamental issues.

Very little attention is paid to any real skills, and promotions are given randomly to whoever happens to be the best "street hustler", without any consideration for prior execution or knowledge. The general feel of the company is more of a blue collar environment than that of a high-tech business in the region.

There is also a tremendous amount of money spent on travel and outrageous "entertainment" - great if you are invited, but a moral sink if you're not part of the club.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more attention to internal problems. Invite and listen to advice from your employees or you won't survive in your current shape.

Don't waste your time, there are better companies in Silicone Valley

Senior Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Silver Spring Networks Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Nice coworkers, free lunches, break rooms with free snacks. This… Cons: Upper management does not care about the employees, over worked,… Advice to Senior Management: Pay attention to your employees, listen to their concerns, act… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Really Rough Place to Work

Manager (Current Employee)
    Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Silver Spring Networks Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The company provides free lunches There are free snacks Lots of parking… Cons: I'v been at several companies in my long work history. I've never been at a Company that has as much politics than at this Company.… Advice to Senior Management: Listen and care more about your employees. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Silver Spring Networks Inc..

Worked for Silver Spring Networks Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Silver Spring Networks Inc. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Silver Spring Networks Inc. CEO Scott Lang. All reviews posted anonymously by Silver Spring Networks Inc. employees.