Silverado

www.silveradocare.com
  www.silveradocare.com
There are newer employer reviews for Silverado

Just like a pancake: Flipped from one side to the other

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Silverado

Pros

Autonomy
Colleagues are great
Excellent corporate training

Cons

Poor local training
Management had archaic strategies
Management gossips
Company seems to lay off or fire people who are over 40 years old
Management relies on employee to train their replacement prior to being fired or laid off
Few reviews if any; I was never given a review

Mr. Shook you may want to send in an undercover boss to determine the "real" knowledge level of local managers. In my opinion it is unethical to request an employee to "train" their replacement with no knowledge that they were about to be terminated. I saw this happen in all divisions of the organization including the corporate offices. Unfortunately the few long timers are quite capable of discrediting an employee just prior to termination.

66 Other Employee Reviews for Silverado (View Most Recent)

Wow

Current Employee - Silverado- Hayworth Ave in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Silverado- Hayworth Ave in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Silverado

Pros

Abilty to trade shifts with other caregivers in order to get time off.

Cons

Upper management and management aren't very nice to caregivers. They dont even have the decency to say hello to the caregivers who work so hard for them. I walked by one director and was going to say hello, but she looked at me and quickly looked away.

Mgmt should hold meetings and first ask for caregivers input prior to making changes on how things are done. Mgmt comes and observes for about 5 minutes every six months and then makes changes on how we do things. They should ask for our input because we caregivers are doing our jobs everyday and we know what works best and what doesn't work. Every day that we come to work, there is a new rule and a change on how things are done. The people who run the place appear to be inexperienced at running a facility.

Bait and Swtich Not What I Was Promised

Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Silverado

Pros

Working with geriatric residents and patients with dementia

Cons

Unrealistic expectations regarding assignments of patients. Not taking into consideration territory and mileage. Changing of job requirements 3 weeks into new job. High volume turn over of staff. Most nurses stay 1-3 months before resigning.

Negative comments do not cause for positive outcomes. Staff need to be managed up.. not down. Do not treat your staff like remedial employees. To get respect, one must give it. Be profesional, be realistic, be supportive. All of these things SH is not.

There are newer employer reviews for Silverado