There are newer employer reviews for Silverado

Community Ambassador

I have been working at Silverado

Pros

The culture of Silverado is not something you find in other companies. The idea that we get more than you give is felt everyday at The Huntington, seeing that most of the staff has been here for years. They stay because the reward of helping the residence each and everyday as a group is something you just don't see in today's workforce. They are truly a team in the truest sense of the word.
I have been humbled by the acts of kindness that I have witness.
This is a great place to work.

Cons

I seriously can not think of one negative comment. It is truly fantastic work place.

Your open door policy allows me to feel free to talk and share my thoughts without feeling I am interrupting.

Aug 5, 2014Sr. Director of Employee Relations and Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your story. We are such a great place to work but the story means so much more when one of our associates tells it.

We are so fortunate to not only witness, but be a part of
... More

57 Other Employee Reviews for Silverado (View Most Recent)

"Happy"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Azusa, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Azusa, CA

I have been working at Silverado full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been with Silverado for 14 years and have been able to see the growth and dedication each Associate can bring to the community. I have been able to witness the peace of mind families need and the dignity of life our residents deserve. My children have grown up to witness another side of aging and have benefited from the life of each resident. Pets are a plus and I too have brought my little dog to work until his passing in November 2013. The benefits are great, from health insurance, dental, 401K and opportunities to have a portion of education fees reimbursed every anniversary year. I am recognized for my hard work and dedication. My pay is fair but the feeling of being among co workers who are more like family and residents that thrive is worth more than my pay, and that is what matters most.

Cons

There is nothing negative I have seen or felt with the company.

Management does a wonderful job making sure each Associate counts. Thank you for having monthly support groups for us, for montly dementia training opportunities, for the caught you caring forms, for all the yummy treats that are provided regularly, for the opportunity to grow with in, for the yearly town hall meetings, for growing nationally and giving more individuals the ability to support themselves and their famalies.

Aug 15, 2014Sr. Director of Employee Relations and Recruiting

You are one of so many great stories that demonstrates what makes us an employer of choice and a great place to work. We have so many associates who have been with us 10+ years and have been so ... More

Pay VS. Backbreaking work? ....

Current Employee - Caregiver  in  Alhambra, CA
    Current Employee - Caregiver in Alhambra, CA

I have been working at Silverado full-time for more than a year

Pros

Family like atmosphere, good food, the residents!

Cons

Even with caregiving experience it seems like everyone starts off at 10.50 here. And the other review is right...Some employees at McDonalds flip burgers for 10.50 and they dont have as big of a chance breaking their back like we do. They need to up the pay to 12. LVNs get charged more as some of them boss the CNA's to do all the work.

Keep your LVNs on check to play a role as a TEAM MEMBER as some of your LVNs feel higher than their caregivers and CNAs. Bump up the minimum pay to 12. 10.50 an hour with a chance of breaking my back...just not worth it.

Aug 15, 2014Sr. Director of Employee Relations and Recruiting

Caring for and enriching the lives of our residents is not an easy task and we all definitely put our heart and sweat into making sure that we are providing the best care possible. There are a lot of ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Silverado

Worked for Silverado? Contribute to the Community!