There are newer employer reviews for Silverado

Great working environment.

I have been working at Silverado

Pros

Flexible work schedules. Coworkers are helpful and hardworking. Relaxed work environment.

Cons

Management is tough on employes.

Aug 5, 2014Sr. Director of Employee Relations and Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your experience. We really do love the teamwork and friendships we see our associates create at Silverado.

We would like the opportunity to learn more about your
... More

56 Other Employee Reviews for Silverado (View Most Recent)

"Happy"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Azusa, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Azusa, CA

I have been working at Silverado full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been with Silverado for 14 years and have been able to see the growth and dedication each Associate can bring to the community. I have been able to witness the peace of mind families need and the dignity of life our residents deserve. My children have grown up to witness another side of aging and have benefited from the life of each resident. Pets are a plus and I too have brought my little dog to work until his passing in November 2013. The benefits are great, from health insurance, dental, 401K and opportunities to have a portion of education fees reimbursed every anniversary year. I am recognized for my hard work and dedication. My pay is fair but the feeling of being among co workers who are more like family and residents that thrive is worth more than my pay, and that is what matters most.

Cons

There is nothing negative I have seen or felt with the company.

Management does a wonderful job making sure each Associate counts. Thank you for having monthly support groups for us, for montly dementia training opportunities, for the caught you caring forms, for all the yummy treats that are provided regularly, for the opportunity to grow with in, for the yearly town hall meetings, for growing nationally and giving more individuals the ability to support themselves and their famalies.

Aug 15, 2014Sr. Director of Employee Relations and Recruiting

You are one of so many great stories that demonstrates what makes us an employer of choice and a great place to work. We have so many associates who have been with us 10+ years and have been so ... More

Taking one for the team of caregivers...

Current Employee - Caregiver  in  Alhambra, CA
    Current Employee - Caregiver in Alhambra, CA

I have been working at Silverado full-time for more than a year

Pros

Feels like everyone is family oriented, beautiful atmosphere..

Cons

As my title said, taking one for the team. This review is for the Alhambra location. The staff and I would like to give corporate a few tips that (crossing fingers) could hopefully change up a few things.

Us caregivers an CNAs love our job but we don't feel like we are appreciated enough.
    If you think about it, we are the main faces to the residents, put them to bed, between rounds at night we change them, help them up to the toilet, back to bed, up for breakfast and watch them the entire day till night (you get the idea). Us caregivers would like more credit as we don't think it's fair out rates start at 9.50 per hour. We wish you would take into consideration the fact that we are for our residents and lets face it, it's not as easy as it seems. It's back breaking work. Our jobs consists of lifting residents to the bathroom and changing them in bed. Majority of them can't even move. Each of us got a position as a caregiver because the person who interviewed us saw and realized we care for our residents and we love what we do. But that doesn't mean to give us such low pay. . There is les back breaking work at McDonalds for about .50 cents more. If you go on salary.com average hourly for a caregiver 1 on 1 is around 11-14 dollars (imagine having a group of about 5 residents to keep an eye on and help with bathroom and grooming) ... It's not an easy job. And the 2 percent once a year isn't much.

As we are the MAIN ones taking care of our residents, I feel we get lack of incentives. I love my job, some of us have been here for years and still have troubles paying the bills. Please note this is a concern that we don't get paid enough for what we do. And that this is a message from all of us caregivers and CNAs.

With the economy and gas prices going up, we as a team of caregivers and CNAs here at Alhambra think we deserve a better rate. 9.50 isn't cutting it for all the back breaking work we do. We also think there should be more incentives and bonuses opportunity. We just want corporate to know it takes a lot to be a caregiver, not anyone can deal with cleaning dirty messy diapers and have the patients with elderly like we do. It's not just flipping burgers. In and out pays there staff a higher rate than us. Why? That's not right. We do a job that not a lot of people can stand. Please pay more attention to us. And take better care of us. We are the main faces of Silverado.

Aug 15, 2014Sr. Director of Employee Relations and Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and point of view. Caring for our residents, clients and patients is not an easy task and we all definitely put our heart and sweat ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Silverado

Worked for Silverado? Contribute to the Community!