Silverado

www.silveradocare.com
There are newer employer reviews for Silverado

I love working at this job.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Silverado

Pros

This is great company to work for. The management listen to your ideas and opinions. They have always been generous with praise and helped me fit work into my school schedule.

Cons

Sometimes expectations can be unclear. But usually this is resolved easily and the management are very open to feedback about this.

Keep on being great and make sure that you are giving very specific feedback. But be careful not to micromanage.

72 Other Employee Reviews for Silverado (View Most Recent)

Disappointing

I worked at Silverado

Pros

some employees work really hard out of need they tend to stick together like family and help each other out

Cons

mgmt gets what they want but if it's something wrong and you point it out you are fired

Clean house acknowledge those who work hard and stop putting up with those who can't even get the job done

Former Manager - Silverado Lake Zurich

Former Employee - Former Manager in Lake Zurich, IL
    Former Employee - Former Manager in Lake Zurich, IL

I worked at Silverado full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Although my employment was very brief, I have to state that it was the most enjoyable working environment that I have encountered in 35 years of Healthcare Management, the last 20 in Senior and Long Term Care communities. The Regional V.P. of Operations is one of the best I have had the opportunity to work for and they have a great Leadership team of dept. heads. Without a doubt the front line staff is great....caregivers do a fantastic job and the R.N.s are superb! A very warm, inviting family feel and an open door to family, friends, children and pets! They offer far and away better care for their residents compared to Assisted Living communities which as a "side line" also offer Memory Care.

Cons

I had the opportunity to work for Loren Shook 25 years ago as Director of Finance for CPC Streamwood Hospital. At the time I felt the training was the best and the leadership team equally so. The same values guide him and the executive officers with the overseeing of Silverado. I would only offer one suggestion....as my Mother (who was inflicted with Alzheimer's for 9 years) use to tell me growing up...."there are 3 sides to every story...she said, he said and the truth!" Unfortunately, in my case (and maybe others) the "he said" story was never heard and "the truth" was not arrived at. The only place I have ever worked where a complete investigation of all parties was not done.

Do not jump to quick decisions based upon one side of the story. A man's impeccable record for 35 years has been tarnished in his eyes by this action. I have been involved in many similar situations during my career. I always gave all sides the opportunity to have their say before making a decision....and in many cases (including zero tolerance) it did not lead to termination. Also, I would look closely at the policy of not discharging a resident if he/she engaged in some similar activity. Other major Senior Living corporations do not draw a distinction between occurrences whether an employee or a resident. You will be opening yourself up to wrongful termination and the possibility of media attention and the fact the associate can always file a police report as some have done in other A.L./M.C. communities.

Silverado Response

Feb 12, 2015Sr. Director of Employee Relations and Recruiting

We are so glad to hear that your tenure at Silverado was such a positive experience. Thank you for recognizing the Regional VP of Operations, along with the amazing team at our community in Lake ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Silverado