Silverchair Learning Systems

www.silverchairlearning.com

The internship experience for me was isolated, I was the only intern.

Former Employee - Intern  in  Charlottesville, VA
Former Employee - Intern in Charlottesville, VA

Pros

It was easy to get the internship. Only one interview, and then I was accepted. They attempted to tailor my project to my major.

Cons

The work environment was poor, especially for an intern. Most everyone was older (40+) and kept to themselves. But, I was in the software development department, could be totally different in the business/sales department.

First, hire at least two interns at a time and put them next to each other. Second, provide constructive criticism on my professional skills, that it the reason I am there.

Other reviews for Silverchair Learning Systems

Before acquisition, SLS was a great place to work. I'm not sure what the new company, Relias Learning, would be like.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charlottesville, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Pros

The culture was amazing - the biggest problems seemed to come from people caring too much. Charlottesville is a great town. The company had a strong commitment to clients. Very collaborative environment.

Cons

The commitment to excellence sometimes led to high-stress. The senior care industry is slow to embrace change, which could be challenging for service and sales in particular. The Charlottesville office was closed when the company was purchased.

Encourage and practice work-life balance. Make sure not to over-promise so you can keep your commitments.

Fun, small, and laid back atmosphere; entry level not too exciting but lead to opportunities.

Former Employee - Market Research Analyst  in  Charlottesville, VA
    Former Employee - Market Research Analyst in Charlottesville, VA

Pros

-Fun people to work with
    -Laid back environment but got work done

Was a young company that just got acquisitioned so lots of changes at all levels of the company.

Cons

-Fairly young so a lot of management was overworked and stuff overlooked

There are newer employer reviews for Silverchair Learning Systems.

Worked for Silverchair Learning Systems? Contribute to the Community!