There are newer employer reviews for Silverpop

Trying to be a large company that keeps its small company roots

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Silverpop full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic culture and a good product.

Cons

It is hard to get promoted.

Help middle tier employees gain necessary job skills to grow their position and skillset.

reviews filtered by
  1. Overall, Im pretty happy.

Former Employee - Software Computer Person in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Software Computer Person in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Silverpop full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are plenty of pros.
    - Movie day
    - Flexible work sched
    - Interesting and cool work. If you want to work on something, you pretty much can as long as deadlines arent looming.
    - CEO is a techie at heart and so he loves the stuff we do.

Cons

- Can be a lot of work at times. Annoying work, not fun work. But thats beauty of a growing company trying (and its waning) to hold to is small company values/ethics.

No advice. I dont care to give it.

An immature management team can ruin a productive sales team.

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Silverpop full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed a lot of success while there and didn't want to leave. The commission plan is very good and the sales team is full of great people who communicated well and worked hard to lift each other up. I also understand that they've replaced the caustic sales leadership that was causing so many good reps to flee. I would only recommend that someone go to work there if they are in the beginning of their career - industry vets will be disappointed with the immature approach to managing and motivating reps. Again, some of my points may be moot, since there was a complete change-out of the sales leadership after I left.

Cons

At least at the time I was there, they had some of the worst sales leadership I've ever experienced. Unfortunately, company culture comes from the top down and the company founder didn't do a good job of putting the right people in place. It's unfortunate, because we had made a lot of progress (on the B2B Demand Gen side of the business) opening new territories and closing highly competitive deals. In the end, the top 3 reps on the B2B side all left the same week to join new firms. Not a good move to demoralize your team to the point where 80% of your pipeline walks out the door.

If you say you're sales-focused, be sales-focused. Don't be afraid to hire smart people that will challenge you and empower them to take the company to the next level. If you don't, you're going to be left behind. Sadly, it may already be too late. You have a great foundation and I only wish you the best of luck.

There are newer employer reviews for Silverpop