Silverpop

www.silverpop.com

A hard working relief

(Current Employee)

ProsSilverpop treats its people well. This sounds like a throw away statement, but the reality, is I've been there and been doing that for 20 years in high-tech and while everyone says it, few live it. Most companies treat their people like interchangeable Legos, pop a new one in when the old one doesn't do something someone in management likes. Silverpop treats people with respect and like grown-ups. Management is open to ideas and engages with employees much more than any other firms of their size. Within the first few weeks I was hanging out with CEO Bill Nussey exchanging ideas about growing business that have became reality. This respectful attitude comes from the top and I've experienced it across the board.
Coming from a competitor, the product is very slick, much than I realized, which I've found is a sentiment shared out in the wider world. When pitching the behavioral capabilities or the workflow, I am generally met with sincere astonishment and, "dang, we thought you guys were just an ESP". This thing cooks and does 95% of what I was dreaming about at my last gig.

Cons1. There are a lot of process oriented systems to allow for growth at scale that are confusing for a newbie. A lot of these are being addressed, while others are going no where soon.
2. Marketing needs more focus around what the Silverpop does, I know it's in process and the new messaging is much tighter, but it is difficult when you're the first person trying to sell into a new segment.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou've crested 500 people and it's hard, but try and keep the feel of a firm where the CEO takes everyone out to lunch and managers grab a beer with people several levels down in the food chain- that stuff matters to people.
Going public is always the dream of every start-up, but the reality of the market under Sarbanes–Oxley is very difficult, there has to be a cleaver third way, so please look at this carefully (though I know they are).

Great company!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Silverpop full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Fun work atmosphere Great work/life balance GREAT parties! Great leadership Cons: Difficult to advance Communication between departments is lacking, but improving Can be difficult to… Advice to Senior Management: Don't forget about your support staff! Include them on the awards trips! Improve internal communication. Remove roadblocks from internal projects… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Company and Great Culture

Sales (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Silverpop full-time

Pros: - Great culture, growing industry, competitive product - Leadership will challenge reps to achieve high performance but will also support… Cons: - AXIOM is a great methodology but should be used as a rule… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Silverpop.

Worked for Silverpop? Contribute to the Community!