There are newer employer reviews for Simmons Bedding

There are missed opportunities for upper management to understand the whole company.

I worked at Simmons Bedding full-time

Pros

There are many wonderful people that worked at Simmons while I was there that really felt like family. They had a team prospective as a whole.

Cons

There are some managers that are quite dis-engaged with the company. These managers only see the numbers in front of them and seem to not consider employees at all.

Advice to Management

Management needs to have less focus on the 10,000 foot view of the company and actually meet and converse with the employees that actually do the work so they have be a true leader.

Other Employee Reviews for Simmons Bedding

All bad afraid to go further at risk of my job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hazleton, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hazleton, PA

I have been working at Simmons Bedding full-time

Pros

Good at one time not anymore

Cons

agree with all of the negativity in all the other reveiws

Advice to Management

Current management conveys profits and self gain only their doing a great job at that squeeze the stone and move to next location

Supervisor position - only if you're desperate

Current Employee - Production Supervisor
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor

I have been working at Simmons Bedding full-time

Pros

The salary range was slightly above average for the area. Benefits are okay.

Cons

You will not work less than 60 hours a week. Shifts are 12 hours per day Monday - Saturday. There are very few Saturdays that we do not work. Some Saturdays are less than 12 but you never know more than 24 hours in advance. You can also forget about their "paid holidays". If you get a Monday holiday off, you may end up having to work it anyway with no additional compensation. Upper management at corporate does not care at all as long as the plants are pushing out pieces and making the sales. Plant level managers are powerless and have to go along with it or they will be replaced. Supervisors are pushed to the limit and there is no where to go for support. Everyone is miserable. If you complain you are told to go find another job.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees like they are machines. Come up with a solution to the extremely long and abusive hours. It's difficult to want to do a great job and give 110% when you feel like a beaten dog. How do you expect us to be happy and productive a company that clearly does not care? We don't want to go to another job because we love what we do. We just want the company to realize what it's doing and make life better for us so we can do our jobs. Simmons is a good company with great products but it's hard to feel proud of this company for what it does. It's too bad that a few idiots in charge can turn it into ta miserable place to work. We just hang on hoping it gets better but sooner or later you are going to lose a lot of great people.