There are newer employer reviews for Simon Property Group

Horrible Horrible Horrible

I worked at Simon Property Group

Pros

Convenient for shopping; able to participate in cool events; no shortage of responsibility given to each employee; good for networking with outside agencies;

Cons

The amount of stress and work in comparison to the pay is awful. They will work you to the bone with no regard for a personal life. I did most of my supervisors work in addition to my own while she took credit for all of it. They love their policies! Most of which are ridiculous, misunderstood, and improperly implemented. The policies are strictly enforced regardless of functionality and no accommodations are ever allowed regardless of situation. Employees live in constant fear and are never given any praise. The moral amongst mall employees is nonexistent.

#1 most important thing Upper Level Indy Management could do is pay attention to what the management in the malls is doing. Many of them are corrupt, many are doing nothing at all, and all of them I've encountered are just shooting from the hip.

114 Other Employee Reviews for Simon Property Group (View Most Recent)

The job was very stressful because of lack of leadership from mall management;

Former Employee - Guest Services Representative
    Former Employee - Guest Services Representative

I worked at Simon Property Group

Pros

Flexible scheduling for this part-time position

Cons

Pay was well below average for the job duties. Lack of respect from middle/upper management. Lack of communication in the office, unless it involved backstabbing someone for not doing their job (which many positions overlapped and there were no true "jobs" assigned at times). Could only work 39.99 hours since I was only "part time". No benefits. Management had time to goof off, but would not answer calls that came in. Never heard the words "good job" from my supervisor.

Treat Guest Services with respect. They are the first contact with people outside the mall office.

Good days and bad days.

I worked at Simon Property Group

Pros

When it was great it was great. Mall management at some malls were great with superb team support and great morale.

Cons

Upper management never at the mall

Lower management in malls were never at the mall

Tend to break up a great team at put in new GM that never wants to be on property.

There are newer employer reviews for Simon Property Group