Simon Property Group

www.simon.com

Would have loved my job if I had different bosses

Guest Services Manager (Former Employee)

ProsVery comfortable with type of work asked to do, compared to other retail management positions the work schedule is VERY flexible with most weekends off, fun events and kids shows which we staffed, opportunity to network with other companies via solicitation of corporate giftcard orders.

ConsBoth of my bosses seemed to be completely incapable of doing their jobs. Over and over they would do the same thing expecting to get a different result, then be confused when our sales continued to tank. Any ideas thrown around the office were ignored simply because someone other than them had thought of it. On top of that my direct supervisor had a nasty habit of talking down to everyone else in the office AND changing her mind like the wind when planning events. It made for a rather painful work environment with near zero office moral. In the end our sales were so poor that they closed the Guest Services department and I was laid off along with all of my employees. And they did this one week after Christmas.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith a company this large it's hard to get a true picture of what is happen at each property. But somehow that is exactly what needs to be looked at. Poor management on property is not uncommon according to not only myself, but also the majority of my contacts at other properties.

Location Means Alot

Office Administrator (Former Employee)

I worked at Simon Property Group

Pros: Nice company to work for and great benefits. Promoting from within is strongly… Cons: Often managers are promoted who are not experienced. Generally, its… More

Horrible Horrible Horrible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Simon Property Group

Pros: Convenient for shopping; able to participate in cool events; no shortage… Cons: The amount of stress and work in comparison to the pay is awful. They will work you to the bone with no regard for a… Advice to Senior Management: #1 most important thing Upper Level Indy Management could do is pay attention to what the management in the malls is doing.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Simon Property Group.

Worked for Simon Property Group? Contribute to the Community!