All About Money

I worked at Simon Property Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Simon is a large company that has a very strong reputation. Their stock price continues to be successful even with the economic issues our country has faced. They spare not cost when it comes to Regional meetings and demonstrating a successful image.

Cons

Company will do anything to make a buck, Does not care about employees - just how much money they can make them, will cut productive employees just to save money, does not care about the district office personel and how they are treated. Continuously threatens your job to foce more production, even if you are above budget.

Learn how to treat employees with respect instead of like slaves who owe you something. Without out employess you would not be successful.

Other Reviews for Simon Property Group

Very Good

I have been working at Simon Property Group

Pros

Leader in the shopping center industry

Cons

Breakdown in communications in such a large corporate structure

To promote more network within employees

Would have loved my job if I had different bosses

Former Employee - Guest Services Manager
    Former Employee - Guest Services Manager

I worked at Simon Property Group

Pros

Very comfortable with type of work asked to do, compared to other retail management positions the work schedule is VERY flexible with most weekends off, fun events and kids shows which we staffed, opportunity to network with other companies via solicitation of corporate giftcard orders.

Cons

Both of my bosses seemed to be completely incapable of doing their jobs. Over and over they would do the same thing expecting to get a different result, then be confused when our sales continued to tank. Any ideas thrown around the office were ignored simply because someone other than them had thought of it. On top of that my direct supervisor had a nasty habit of talking down to everyone else in the office AND changing her mind like the wind when planning events. It made for a rather painful work environment with near zero office moral. In the end our sales were so poor that they closed the Guest Services department and I was laid off along with all of my employees. And they did this one week after Christmas.

With a company this large it's hard to get a true picture of what is happen at each property. But somehow that is exactly what needs to be looked at. Poor management on property is not uncommon according to not only myself, but also the majority of my contacts at other properties.

There are newer employer reviews for Simon Property Group.

Worked for Simon Property Group? Contribute to the Community!